Aurora is a historic river town that is situated 35 miles west of Cincinnati, Ohio, located in the Southeast corner of Indiana. Aurora was settled in the early 1800's and incorporated in 1845 and has strong historic connections to the Ohio River. Aurora is full of unique and historic buildings that preserve its older rivercity characteristics.
& Inspection Program
City of Aurora Ordinance 2017-001
Rental Registration & Inspection Program
Registration of Rentals Due
Effective May 1st, 2017 owners of property containing multifamily rental housing (TWO UNITS OR MORE) must be registered with the City. Registration includes basic information about property, units, owner contact information, and a $5 registration fee.
Visit City Hall, Dearborn County Planning & Zoning, dearborncounty.org/planning, or e-mail Inspector-RentalProgram@aurora.in.us for more information.
Registration & Inspection Process
- All property owner(s) must complete a registration form and $5 payment per property.
- Inspection officer will provide written notice of inspection at least 72 hours in advance.
- Owner(s) is responsible for $125 inspection fee per property and $25 per dwelling unit.
- Inspection Certificate issued upon a satisfactory inspection.
- Inspection Certificate valid for 5 years, subject to ordinance 2017-001, as set forth in sec. 99.004.